Carbomap is looking for more lidar software developers
Please send your CV and a cover letter, detailing how you meet the essential criteria on the job description and salary expectation, to email@example.com , by the 10th July 2013. We will consider applicants beyond this date only if the position remains filled.
Carbomap is an ambitious new spin-out company from the University of Edinburgh’s School of GeoSciences. We aim to contribute to managing and conserving the world’s forest resources by providing state-of-the-art remote sensing to accurately measure and map forest ecosystem services.
The pioneering approach that we are leading is based on our Multi Spectral Canopy LiDAR (MSCL) that operates at four wavelengths, as opposed to the existing commercially available single wavelength LiDAR systems. This is a fast growing area of interest and as such it we expect to see huge opportunities for the company and its employees.
As part of our growth plans, Carbomap is hiring two Software Developers to work in our Edinburgh office.
We are looking for ambitious software engineers with a track record of delivering high quality code at the frontier of LiDAR data analysis. As a member of our young company you must also be a great representative for the company in general, able to project our values and technical expertise.
As a Software Developer you will develop the algorithms and operational software that would produce commercially viable forest map products.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years industrial or research level expertise in LiDAR data processing (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable capacity to model LiDAR point clouds.
- Experience of managing software projects to deadlines and successful delivery of results to end-users.
- Demonstrable track record of high achievement.
Why do you want to work with us?
- Earning potential – We offer a competitive salary.
- Career development – We’re a fast growing company with plenty of opportunities for new employees.
- Long-term prospects – We are in one of the few growth markets.
- Great experience – You will gain exposure to some of the UK’s largest companies and work with a first class team
- Location – Edinburgh is home to the highest concentration of forest ecosystem science and business innovation in the world. With 2 universities, 3 NGOs, 3 Government research institutes and 5 businesses (including Ecometrica, Global Surface Intelligence and LTS International) within the city limits. This forms a critical mass of people and opportunities that drives an innovation ecosystem focused on forest ecosystems.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
** No agencies please **
We are an ambitious new environmental survey company with over four years of world-class research in the development of a multispectral canopy lidar, a revolutionary forest mapping approach designed to fill a gap in airborne forest survey requirements. We are building a company providing unique forest products to investors, companies and national agencies. In so doing, we will contribute to the sustainable management of the world’s forest resource.
March 11, 2013
Information Technology and Services
Salary + share option allocation